“We have got to stop the ignorance surrounding this disease and have to make sure that when a patient is first diagnosed with MND, they must have access to good, co-ordinated care and services” Liam Dwyer (shown below with Professor Stephen Hawking, both of whom have MND)
The five point MND Charter:
1. People with MND have the right to an early diagnosis and information
2. People with MND have the right to access quality care and treatments
3. People with MND have the right to be treated as individuals and with dignity and respect
4. People with MND have the right to maximise their quality of life
5. Carers of people with MND have the right to be valued, respected, listened to and well-supported.
You can read the full charter here: http://www.mndassociation.org/Resources/MNDA/Campaigns/Documents/MNDA_Charter_5_pages.pdf