I have decided to create a blog to try and raise awareness of Motor Neurone Disease and the Charity MNDA.
– Around 5000 people at any one time have Motor Neurone Diease in the UK.
– It is a degenerative disease causing muscle wastage
– Life expectancy after being diagnosed can be between 2-5 years (dependant on the individual)
– There is currently no cure
– There is currently no Government funding
– It kills one person every 8 hours in the UK, which is more than the number of people who die from AIDS.
-Each case of MND is unique
-Stephen Hawking has MND and has had an exceptional survival of over 30 years